Located in Melbourne, Victoria and looking for a wedding DJ or band for your magical day?
The wedding reception is almost as critical as the ceremony, and music is an essential part of the party. If you're looking for a premium wedding DJ in Melbourne, you've come to the right place. We've put together an ultimate list of the number one choices for wedding DJ and MC services in Melbourne!
Your Melbourne wedding entertainment is one way you can make sure your guests have a blast. It can also be another way of adding your personal touch to the event. Your Melbourne wedding is a party, after all! You want to make it a kick-ass party that your guests won't soon forget. Whether your goal is to get people moving on the dance floor or just to have some great music accompanying the reception, hiring a Melbourne wedding DJ can be a great option.
You've already decided on a Melbourne DJ over a band. The question is how to choose a wedding DJ that will enhance your event (not his image).
For most engaged couples, entertainment is the #1 factor in determining the success of their event, so this is not a decision that should be taken lightly. And choosing the right Melbourne DJ for your wedding is about far more than price.
When it comes to wedding DJs, you'll always be able to find someone willing to do the job for pennies. But what kind of quality are you going to get? This is your wedding! You only have one chance to do it right.
Table of Contents
- 1 Looking for a wedding DJ or band in Melbourne Victoria?
- 2 List of Melbourne's Best Wedding DJ's
- 3 DJ Masters
- 4 Here's how to choose your wedding DJ.
Looking for a wedding DJ or band in Melbourne Victoria?
We want every couple to have a beautiful wedding experience that they can look back on with fondness and excitement. So here are our top tips for choosing a wedding DJ.
Unlike a live band, a wedding DJ can play the actual recordings that your guests love and crossfade them, so there's no awkward silence between songs. Which wedding DJ you hire will depend in significant part on what kind of music you want and what your guests will be excited to hear. If you want a dance party, you'll find plenty of Wedding DJs who can give you one. You can also find DJs who will customize a playlist for you, whatever your tastes. Here are some tips to keep in mind when hiring a wedding DJ in Melbourne.
Choosing the right wedding DJ in Melbourne can mean the difference between an insipid, wedding DJ's middle of the road set that a handful of your guests bop along to, or high energy flow of floor-fillers that gets talked about for years afterwards. Start looking for wedding DJs in Melbourne as far in advance as possible; the good ones may get booked up a year or more in advance. Take your time and interview at least three or four DJs to get a good comparison.
Drawing up a list of questions will help you to compare wedding DJs. in Melbourne Here are some wedding DJ questions you could ask including questions about practical arrangements, costs, experience, musical style, and appearance. You don't necessarily need to ask each DJ in Melbourne every question, just choose the ones that are most important to you.
List of Melbourne's Best Wedding DJ's
DAMIAN ANDRES - WEDDING DJ IN MELBOURNE
Boasting a massive collection of music spanning across all genres as well as a 15-year career of DJingin clubs, festivals, weddings, corporate events and internationally, its safe to say there isn’t a party situation Damian Andres hasn’t played for. Starting out as a wedding DJ and MC, Damian quickly gained notoriety for the ability to cross genres seamlessly, be it house, top 40, hip hop or even classic rock or pub tunes, all the while maintaining a full dancefloor!
A club career followed, obtaining residencies at notable venues in Melbourne CBD and in the suburbs before the creation of a Daft Punk tribute show–‘Discovery’–sent Andres and business partner Matt Campbell onto the touring circuit, DJing shows at every capital city in Australia as well as trips to New Zealand, Bali, Jakarta, Vietnam, Thailand, Ecuador and Papua New Guinea!
This touring act continues today, however, in between shows, Damian Andres continues to play at weddings and corporate events, providing full audio equipment, lighting and MCing duties. Audiences frequently compliment
Andres’ fluid style of blending tracks and maintaining an upbeat tempo, whilst also being able to play a more mellow style depending on the scenario.
There is no doubt that this sharply dressed DJ will be a perfect fit for any event.
NOTABLE CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Albert Park PoloPortsea
Polo after party at Continental Sorrento
New Years Eve at Sydney Harbour Bridge
Melbourne F1 Grand Prix
New Years Eve @ Sky High, Mt Dandenong
Big Bash Cricket @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
Toyota Awards Gala, The Ivy, Sydney
Oktoberfest St Kilda & Williamstown
Something Borrowed Wedding Band
Winner Victoria’s Best Live Wedding Band 2018 & 2019, Beautiful acoustic ballads to banging dance hits, we have your day covered!
We are one of Australia's busiest and hardest working Wedding Duos, with over 500 weddings under our belt and hundreds of songs to choose from we can cater to all sizes and styles of weddings.
Walk down the aisle to our beautiful acoustic version of your 'must have' song, then kick the party into top gear and get the dance floor pumping with our full band sound to fully produced backing tracks.
Why choose us? Well, we are full time musicians and 90% of our gigs are weddings. This is not our part time, extra money type job. This is why we work so hard to make your walk down that aisle perfect and on most occasions we are able to pull the most stubborn non dancers to the floor. We know how to read the crowd and make sure everyone from Nana to the Nephews hear something they love.
Whatever type of wedding, indoor or outdoor, any season... Something Borrowed has you covered for Ceremony music, Reception music and Photo Booths!
The Bombastics Melbourne Wedding Band
Find out why we're Melbourne's favourite wedding band! Fun, reliable and experienced. We will provide the perfect mix of songs and ensure your night is unforgettable!!
Hello and thanks for checking out our profile! We're an award-winning Melbourne wedding band excited to perform for your wedding! We're fun, flexible, reliable, as well as being world-class musicians. We guarantee your family and friends will have a brilliant night when The Bombastics provide the entertainment.
Check out our reviews below, and visit our website to listen and watch for yourself why so many couples book The Bombastics for their big day!
Mercury DJ Hire Wedding DJ Melbourne
From the most extravagant Wedding celebrations to the most intimate, our experienced DJ’s will set the mood and create wonderful memories on your special day.
Welcome to Mercury DJ Hire.
We are very proud to announce that we are the winner of the 2018 ABIA award for best DJ's in Victoria with a rating of 99.92% as voted by our brides and grooms.
Mercury DJ Hire is a Melbourne Wedding DJ specialist dedicated to going above and beyond your expectations to create the atmosphere you've always dreamt about.
We treat every Wedding as if it were our own and pay attention to every detail to ensure you have the best experience possible.
Our Wedding Package Includes:
One on one consultation to help customise and create the perfect soundtrack for your special day.
DJ for duration of reception
State of the art Pioneer DJ Equipment
QSC club quality high end speakers
Unlimited correspondence via phone or email
Wide range of optional extras can be arranged to suit your function.
During our one on one consultation, we love to discuss the kind of vibe you envision for your special night, the music you prefer and the way you would like it delivered. Every moment of the night is accounted for and nothing is left to chance. I like to plan and prepare as much as possible to provide the ultimate entertainment for your Wedding.
We would love to hear from you and start planning the best entertainment we can imagine for your special day.
Top-Notch Entertainment Wedding Band & DJ Melbourne
Whether you’re planning a small intimate reception or something on a grand scale, I have entertainment solutions to suit—why wouldn’t you hire a professional?
Top-Notch gives couples the chance to have input into the music played at their reception. Choose some or all of the songs, or just leave the entire song selection to me, the choice is yours—after all, it’s your wedding.
Make an appointment to visit our dedicated showroom at 12/653 Mountain Hwy, Bayswater VIC 3153
Come down have a coffee and check out our services and equipment, Bring your family or even the bridal party that way you can all ask as many questions as you need to ensure you're comfortable and get exactly what you want for your special day!
* Wedding DJ * Wedding MC * Guitarist * Tailored Packages * Free Client Consultations
Having been in the entertainment industry for over 20 years, Top-Notch Entertainment aims to provide a level of service which is second to none.
Celebrate the biggest night of your life!
Vibe Sounds and Events Wedding DJ & Band in Melbourne
2019 ABIA 3rd placed Disc Jockey finalist as voted by our lovely brides and grooms, Leading entertainment suppliers within the Wedding Industry.
Introducing Vibe Sounds and Events!
Vibe Sounds and Events is a mobile entertainment company in which was established in 2011. Professionalism is at the fore front of our business core values.
Vibe Sounds and Events specialises in catering to weddings with many additional services on offer such as, Disc Jockey, Master of Ceremonies, Light-up Signs, Dry Ice, Pyrotechnics, Photo-booth and Upgraded Lighting packages.
We are pleased to announce Vibe Sounds and Events has placed 3rd in the Disc Jockey category for the 2019 ABIA awards, as well as finalists for the Master of Ceremonies category as voted by our lovely brides and grooms.
We provide each client with a unique experience and we are more than happy to tailor a package to suit the individuals needs.
Feel free to visit our socials on:
Or call us for a chat on 1300 057 050
Over 2,500 couples have chosen DJ Masters to reflect their celebration of love through the power of music. Thank you!
Yep, we're Australia's Premier Wedding DJ & MC Service. We've been at it for 14 years, and we love what we do.
A dynamic, experienced team of capable Wedding DJ/MC professionals is at your service, throughout the whole journey:
You control the music (or you can leave it to us)
See videos and hear samples of our work
MC Services at no additional cost
Meet personally with your DJ (optional)
24h contact, team of backup DJs/MCs, full support, peace of mind
“Music is what tells us that the human race is greater than we realise.” -Napoleon
Music can easily make or break a perfect moment, we've all seen this before. Your wedding is a world of important, everlasting moments all wrapped up together in one day. We consider our part in your celebration to be important, meaningful, and demanding of the respect and attentiveness it deserves. The whole atmosphere of your celebration is impacted immensely by the musical design; we still do what we do after 14 years because we consider this work meaningful and valuable.
We value the trust placed in us and the friendships that have come from over 2,500 couples we've serviced since we began in Melbourne in 2006, before bringing the magic interstate in 2018.
“I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” Billy Joel
Expect professionalism, expect attentiveness, expect thorough and prompt communication. Most importantly of all, beyond anything else, expect DJ Masters to create an atmosphere where all of the people you love can feel comfortable to let go, to have a boogie, to feel their own joy as they share with you the creation of meaningful memories during the most celebrative hours of the whole day.
Give us a call anytime or checkout our videos music samples or to enquire further.
Ultimately, we're here to empower you to ensure your wedding really gets down to the art of celebration - and - for you to speak with music exactly what you want to say at your unique celebration of love.
There's plenty more to be said, so we'll leave you with this... “Where words fail, music speaks.” Hans Christian Andersen
Questions about Practical Melbourne Wedding DJ Arrangements
Are you available on our chosen wedding date?
Have you performed at the reception venue before?
Do you have a backup DJ to attend the wedding if you are ill on the day?
How long do you need to set up?
Do you have back up equipment if something goes wrong?
Do you have liability insurance?
Can you play throughout the entire reception?
Can you take on the role of Master of Ceremonies?
Can we use your microphone for the speeches? Is it wireless?
Will, you be the DJ for our wedding, or will it be one of your colleagues?
Questions about cost
What is included in your price?
What deposit do we need to pay and when?
When do we need to settle the bill?
What do you charge for overtime if the reception runs late?
Do you charge for travel, etc.?
Do you expect food/drinks to be provided?
Questions about the DJ's experience
How long have you been a wedding DJ?
How many weddings do you do in a year?
What other types of event do you perform at?
Do you have a recent personal reference we could contact?
Can we attend an event that you are performing?
Once you have decided that you want a DJ to provide the music for your wedding reception, you have to pick the DJ. Choosing the right DJ for your wedding can seem like a daunting task because you know that the DJ sets the tone for the reception.
Pick a great DJ, and it is going to be hard for your reception to be anything less than spectacular. Pick a so-so DJ, and even with the best food and venue, you are still probably only going to have a so-so reception. However, there are so many choices in DJs that you may be overwhelmed.
Even if Melbourne wedding DJ is not your choice, we want you to be confident and knowledgeable when selecting your DJ, so here are our top 10 tips for picking your wedding DJ:
- Don't automatically go with someone you know. You may have a cousin, friend, or acquaintance, who is a DJ, so you feel like you should choose them for your wedding. Maybe you should, and perhaps you should not; let their qualifications, not your relationship, be the determining factor. If you do choose to go with someone you know, don't keep things casual- make sure that you are in a contract that explicitly spells out your obligations and theirs!
- Check with the venue. Does your site have a preferred DJ? If so, that DJ probably knows the venues acoustics and any particular concerns. You might not decide to go with that DJ, but their preferred DJ should be on your interview list.
- Ask for referrals. That friend whose reception was excellent? Ask her for her DJ's name.
- Look at wedding forums for your area. Who do people recommend? Dig more in-depth than the star rating and read reviews to find out why people support a particular DJ.
- Make a short-list of DJs and interview them. If a DJ won't make time for an interview, how likely is he or she to make time for you during the wedding planning.
- Check out their equipment. Ask questions- is it new and state-of-the-art?
- Ask about their music library.
- Make sure they can correctly pronounce all the names in the wedding party.
- Do they let you know about other options, like uplighting, without making you feel like you are being pushed towards these options?
- See how you think of him or her. You are going to be spending a lot of time with your wedding vendors, and a DJ is going to be a significant part of your reception. If you do not feel immediately comfortable with a DJ, then you should probably keep looking!
Now your Melbourne wedding is around the corner; it slowly dawns that the show must be perfect. Nothing should be compromised. Having checked all other boxes like venue, outfit, flowers, it's time to let the music play to the high heavens. Music is one of the intricate fibres that make up a near-perfect wedding. Guests may easily forget that the dessert didn't get to their corner of the hall but will not as quickly forget how the music you played made them feel. Music and entertainment are essential in determining what kind of memory the guests will leave with.
-Investigate- Take your time to search them out. Go out to some events and get the contacts of the DJ's behind the parties you enjoyed. Ask friends and family to recommend a few and then create a list. Carry out some level of research on those on your list. What equipment are they using? What attitude do they exude when on duty? Read reviews and then decide who to pursue.
-Stand your ground- You may have picked out a Melbourne wedding DJ, now be sure to communicate exactly what you want. Some DJ's may wish to side-track you and have their way, don't let them. Make him listen to you and your demands. If that's such a hard thing for him to do, it's time to change DJ's.
-Be thorough- Without being a 'bridezilla', you can politely table your music plan. Find a wedding DJ in Melbourne who understands the kind of songs you want to be played in every section of the event. He must be willing to create fun and show-stopping playlists for different categories. Research shows that professional DJ's prefer it when the client tells them what they want to hear. Walkthrough playlists for the father-daughter dance, bride procession, parent's procession, couples are dancing and more. Don't be afraid to be thorough.
-Create your playlist early- It may sound like a defective part of the process, but it's not. It's advisable to get your playlist to your DJ at least two weeks before your wedding day, so he gets familiar with what you want. Thewedding DJ in Melbourne who makes that demand knows his onions indeed. Stick with him. Let him know the songs that must not be played. If you can't stand songs with swear words, let him know. If you don't like a particular artist, let him know as well. But be an early bird and have his work cut out for him.
-Be Friendly- I see a lot of brides have too much on their plate to care much, but it does pay, to get to know your Dj. Know his office, read up on him/her, search out some FAQ's online or plan a meet so you can look him in the eye and know what your guts tell you.
A goodwedding DJ in Melbourne is worth his weight in gold, and it's essential to choose value over cost. While you have a budget to work with, do remember not to ruin a fabulous wedding with a bad DJ.
Every wedding day has a soundtrack of its own—from the walk down the aisle to the first dance, the bouquet toss to your final farewell, music helps set the tone for the entire day... which is why your DJ or band has such an important role. To help you better vet the candidates, we've compiled this master list of questions to ask wedding DJs and band before booking. The more knowledge you have, the better equipped you'll be to make the right decision and find the one for your wedding.
First things first, you've got to figure out the basics... like, is the DJ or band even available on your desired date? The answers to the following questions will help you get a sense of how experienced the candidates are.
1. Is my wedding date available?
2. How long have you been doing this professionally? Why you need to know this: Obviously, there's a difference between volunteer gigs and legit, paid performances. Make sure your candidates are seasoned, so there are no hiccups on the most important day of your life.
3. How many weddings have you played?
4. How long have you been performing together (if you're interviewing a band)?
5. How many weddings do you do on an average weekend? Why you need to know this: If the band or DJ is playing 'round the clock all weekend, their performance might suffer. If they're running on empty, you might want to rethink booking them.
6. Do you perform at more than one event in a day?
7. Will you be the DJ/bandleader personally playing at our wedding? Which band members should we expect? Why you need to know this: Bands usually have a roster of performers and might alternate who's playing based on their availability.
If you're choosing a band because you love one musician or singer in particular, make sure they're the performer who will be playing your wedding.
8. Have you done events at my wedding venue?
9. What sets you apart from your competition?
10. Can you describe your style?
11. Are there any other services that you provide, such as lighting design or a photo booth?
12. Can you provide me with new couples that I can contact for references?
The DJ Music
You probably already know a little about the wedding band or DJ since you were interested enough to interview them. Learn more about them and their style, so there are no surprises on the big day.
13. Do you have a CD of your music or a video from a prior wedding where you performed?
14. Can you help me choose the music for my processional, recessional, father-daughter dance, etc.? Why you need to know this: If you're having trouble choosing music for a first dance song or father-daughter dance, etc., a DJ or wedding band tends to know a thing or two about selecting the right music. They can be a helpful resource.
15. How extensive is your music library or song list? What genres can you cover?
16. Do you have a go-to list of wedding songs you play or perform for weddings? Why you need to know this: Ask them ahead of time if they have a list of songs they recommend playing throughout the wedding. If they leave that list up to you, be sure to provide them with the songs you want to get down to on the dance floor before your wedding swings around.
17. How do you keep your music collection up to date?
18. If the DJ or one of the band members scheduled for my event is unable to perform for some reason, do you have a backup replacement ready to go?
19. Do you take any breaks? How many and when?
20. What music will be provided during the breaks?
21. How many band members will perform that day?
22. Do you act as the emcee and make all of the announcements?
23. How would you define your emcee style?
24. What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
25. Do you take requests from our guests?
26. Can we submit a "Do Not Play" list? Why you need to know this: you never know what your guests are going to end up requesting. Having a "do not play" inventory ensures you're not going to hear anything you and your new hubby hate.
DJ Pricing and Payment
The price tag is one of the most significant factors in choosing what wedding DJ or band to accept, but it's not as simple as just asking for a price. You need to find out exactly what that price includes. You don't want to discover any surprise fees after you've signed a contract.
27. What's your rate? Why you need to know this: When talking about the price, make sure to find out if the rate changes bases on the day (or even time of day) and exactly how many hours that rate buys you. If the price is in the ballpark (also if it's over budget), great. If it turns out that DJ or wedding band is the one, you might be able to negotiate a discount or increase your budget to be able to use that DJ or band.
28. Does that rate include setup and breakdown between ceremony and reception locations? What, if anything, isn't included?
29. How much would you charge for overtime?
30. Are there any additional fees that could accrue that I am not taking into account, like travel expenses or charges for special musical requests?
31. When will I receive a written contract?
32. How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan? Why you need to know this: See if you can pay them before (or after) the wedding. Trying to pay wedding vendors the day of your wedding is chaos—if you can pay them beforehand, it's preferable.
33. What is your refund/cancellation policy?
34. How far in advance do I need to book you for my wedding?
35. What information do you need from me before the wedding day?
36. Are you insured? Why you need to know this: Ideally, your wedding DJ or band will carry liability insurance. It covers any damage that can occur to the performers themselves and the equipment. Many venues require DJs and bands to carry liability insurance, so it's important to know upfront if they have it.
Wedding DJ & Logistics
Now for the less exciting but still critical details, like power supply and scheduling.
37. Can you provide wireless mics for the wedding ceremony?
38. Does any of your equipment require particular electrical outlets that I need to inform my wedding site about?
39. Do you bring backup equipment?
40. What kind of space or stage do you require for the DJ or band? If my site doesn't provide what you need, will you make arrangements for the scene, or am I responsible for renting it?
41. Do you set up a sign or banner with your equipment?
42. How much time will you need for setup, soundcheck, and breakdown on the day of the event?
43. What time will you arrive at the site and when will you depart? Why you need to know this: You want to get a confirmed arrival time from them before your wedding, and it should be early enough that the performers have plenty of time to get set up. Also, find out when they plan to leave. If you want to have them stick around for the after-party, negotiate this into your contract before the night comes.
44. Will we meet again before the wedding?
45. When is our deadline for submitting our music requests and event details?
46. What will you wear to our wedding?
47. Do you (and each band member, if you're booking a band) require a meal? Why you need to know this: It's something you need to add on to your budget. This can be a high cost, especially if you're booking a ten-piece band.
48. What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding?
49. Is there anything we should know about your services that we haven't talked about? Why you need to know this: At this point, you've probably covered everything, but it never hurts to make sure. Cover all your bases and see if there's anything that's been left out from the wedding DJ or band's point of view.
50. Do you have any questions for us? Why you need to know this: Now that you know everything you wanted to know, find out if there's any extra info the wedding DJ or band needs.
T's time to add another key player to your supplier squad! You may have chosen your wedding's essential songs, but now you're going to need to hire someone to play them. Your wedding DJ will be responsible for making sure the energy stays up from dawn 'til dusk (and probably long after), so you'll want to find one with impressive emcee skills and a killer tracklist.
Here's how to choose your wedding DJ.
Sort out the important stuffStep one is taking the time to write out any wedding details that may affect your decision. Knowing things like your venue size, venue style, budget and wedding theme will help you figure out precisely what you're looking for in a DJ. You should also note the genres of music you love, your favourite artists and your most played songs - those will come in handy when you start interviewing potential candidates.
Do your research
Now it's time to do a little bit of homework (it may not sound fun, but it is!). Scroll through our wedding supplier listings, check out Instagram and ask your recently married friends and relatives for recommendations - you're sure to find a handful of fantastic options by the time you're finished. Pay close attention to their reviews and ratings - comments from couples who have used their services in the past are super insightful.
Get in touch
Once you've selected your faves, start reaching out. If you're using WeddingWire, simply click the blue "Request more information" button at the top of a listing and it'll connect you right away. If you're using another method, reaching out via their website or through email is your best bet (no sliding into DMs - Those are easy to miss!). Remember to ask critical questions like, "are you available on my wedding date?", "What is your rate?" and "can I see a copy of your standard contract?". If you're satisfied with their answers, book a meeting with them IRL or schedule a Skype call.
Sample their DJ work
When you're meeting with your candidates, you'll want to do a deeper dive into their work. Yes, you've probably already sampled a playlist or two, but at this stage, you'll want to get a bit more. Ask your potential DJs about their music repertoire and give them a bit of insight into the types of songs you love. You'll also want to let them know precisely what you'll be needing music and emceeing for (i.e. the ceremony, the reception, dinner, the after-party). This will help them customize a tracklist just for your event.
Ask about DJ equipment
Even if you're not a music buff, ask your candidates to give you a rundown of the types of equipment they use. You'll want to make sure that they are using professional-grade machinery and lighting, not homemade gadgets. How much stuff they plan on bringing is also something you'll need to know. If they can't fit it into your venue, you'll have to work something else out (or maybe hire a different DJ).
Review the contract
So you've pretty much decided on your DJ? Well, now it's time to hash out the final details. Ask him or her to create a contract for your big day and mail or email it to you. Make sure you read it (not just scan it). Hidden clauses, like additional travel and equipment fees, can wreak havoc on your budget.
For a wedding party to be remembered by your guests, you must find a DJ who can create a uniquely unique atmosphere. Here's how to find the perfect match.
Once the vows have been made, the wedding breakfast has been eaten, and the speeches have received rapturous applause, all that remains to do on your big day is to take your first dance and celebrate with a fantastic wedding after-party. As with all aspects of your wedding day, the best way to ensure your wedding party goes without a hitch is to leave it to the professionals. If you're choosing a professional DJ service to keep your wedding dance floor filled until the early hours, there are many considerations to make… it's not just about the music.
To better understand how to choose the right DJ for your wedding party, Danny Costello, managing director of award-winning DJ hire company DJ2K, is ideally placed to advise on the winning formula. With more than 20 years' experience as a wedding DJ, Danny leads a team of hand-picked DJs who strive to deliver unforgettable wedding parties across Surrey, London and the Home Counties.
Danny says: "When a bride buys her wedding dress, she gets to try it on and gauge the reactions of her nearest and dearest, but when a couple is choosing their wedding DJ how do they know exactly what they're getting? You should always meet your DJ in person initially, but ultimately, you are putting your utmost trust in them." Here are the ways to better understand whether a DJ is right for you and your wedding.
Experience and pricing
Don't be fooled by start-up companies with little to no experience who are offering cheap deals on wedding entertainment and discos. Take note of how long a wedding DJ has been in the business; experienced DJs will have extensive knowledge about timings, equipment and logistics and clients should feel that they are in safe hands. DJ2K couples usually spend between £600 and £2,000 which can include a photo booth, selfie mirror, dance floor, giant illuminated letters, among other things – dependent on the couple's budget and requirements.
Danny says: "Many top wedding venues recommend DJ2K in the UK. It is always worth considering a venue's recommended suppliers and having a chat in the first instance. However, if your chosen supplier isn't recommended or hasn't worked at your venue before, don't worry - they have the potential to bring a fresh approach to proceedings."