Every future Mr. and Mrs. believes that their wedding day will be the best day of their lives and the lives of their guests. They hope everyone has a great time and that the wedding runs smoothly; they also want their guests to leave saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to.
It's common knowledge that the two of you have spent a small fortune on this special occasion. Even though you meant well by ordering one wine for every table, the reality is that your guests will likely become too drunk to socialise.
Being invited to a wedding is an honour, but it isn't always a joyous occasion. The newlyweds would rather their guests not spend the entire party dozing off. We have compiled a list of Melbourne Wedding DJs to help you celebrate your special night.
Table of Contents
Methods to Avoid Having a Dull Wedding
If your friends and family haven't met each other yet, it's best to do so before the wedding. As a result, there won't be any awkward moments during the day as strangers try to strike up a conversation.
Get to know your guests and family members by hosting a low-key welcome party. Get to know people who might be interested in what you're talking about.
Observe the Timetable
Although you shouldn't make your guests wait around while you take the obligatory wedding photos, you also shouldn't expect everything to go off without a hitch. Make a lounge with refreshments, seating, and music for people to chat and unwind in.
Provide Food for Your Guests
Even if a full meal is planned for the reception, you should have some light snacks available for your visitors to snack on while waiting for the bride and groom to make their entrance. The ceremony's food will leave your guests feeling refreshed and grateful.
Keep in mind that you're not yourself when you're hungry, and you definitely don't want to show up to a group of angry, hungry guests. Choose small plates of food and put some imagination into them; they may end up being a talking point.
Choice of Venue
Guests' level of enjoyment at your wedding celebration will depend on many factors, including the budget you've set aside for the event, but one of those factors is the location of the reception. The exhibit halls of many museums are available for rent, and many zoos have banquet halls where guests can observe animals up close.
These days, there is no shortage of unique venues for weddings. Even if you're having a conventional ceremony, you can still surprise your guests by holding the reception somewhere out of the ordinary.
Being the only couple at a table full of strangers is extremely uncomfortable, especially hearing your friends laughing at the table next to you. Simply by rearranging the chairs, you can guarantee that everyone has a good time and meets new people.
Don't force someone to sit at a table with strangers if all of your friends are at a nearby table. Within your inner circle of trust, it is okay to shake things up a bit to get people talking to one another and meeting new people, but it is also important to be practical and put people together who get along.
Specialists in making sure weddings aren't dull provide a wide range of entertainment options, from glitzy DJs to belly dancers and singing waiters.
There is a lot of choices for a wedding entertainment. Aside from the standard DJs, belly dancers, and singing waiters, you can also hire fire twirlers and other unusual acts. Make no mistake: the celebratory vibe at your wedding will be taken care of by those whose livelihood depends on keeping things lively. Check out our ultimate list of Melbourne Wedding DJs.
No matter where you plan to have your wedding, you must consider the guests. Some people just aren't into dancing. This means that even if you pick the best band ever, some people will still find them unappealing. The addition of a photo booth, caricaturist, singing waiter, or belly dancer will add just the right amount of excitement to your event.
Consider Sweet Treats
While wedding cakes continue to be a popular choice, there is a wealth of other opportunities to help guests reconnect with their inner child.
A variety of sweets and treats, including doughnut walls, will be provided. If you put bags or boxes next to the treats, guests can help themselves to one as a Bomboniere.
Get your bridesmaids and groomsmen together for a pre-wedding party if they don't already know each other. This isn't meant to be a wild night on the town but rather an opportunity for everyone to meet one another. Host a dinner at your place and have everyone bring a dish to share. Planning a get-together for the parents outside of the hectic wedding week is also recommended. The party will be more enjoyable if people can just chill out with one another.
Speeches that meander aimlessly and focus only on the people sitting at the head of the table are the surest way to bore your guests to death. Allow no more than ten minutes for each speaker.
You can help your guests have a good time by having a good time yourself. People will start to wonder what's wrong with you if they can tell that you're stressed or bored. You put in a lot of time and effort into the preparations. The fact that things aren't going as planned is irrelevant. Spend time with your loved ones by sharing a drink and a dance.
Check out our post on What are the wedding DJ packages and specials?
Remember That Music and Food Are Extremely Important
All guests care about, and all guests remember, is the wedding feast. Don't be shocked if there is a riot if the salad bar consists of bowls of limp lettuce leaves and the occasional beetroot cube at a buffet.
The wedding festivities will last all day, and we must eat! Moreover, it should be stressed how important it is to have music in our lives. We require it to bridge the silences in conversation and to provide meaning to the evening activities. We require it because, to put it simply, this is a wedding, and weddings are one of the few occasions on which one can hold a glass of prosecco in one hand while swaying to Nineties pop hits and almost pass as cool.
While wedding preparations can be stressful, on the big day itself, everyone will have a better time if they can laugh off the inevitable minor mishaps and just enjoy themselves. Let that sink in for a minute: how often do you attend a party where the host seems permanently on edge? Assign any last-minute tasks to a bridesmaid, relative, or wedding planner so they don't ruin your mood, and designate a friend to ply you with drinks if they notice you're starting to feel stressed.
FAQs About Wedding Entertainment
- Perform during your reception by singing or dancing.
- Add a secret themed tent for your guests during the reception.
- Creating a fire pit where your guests can make smores.
- Add games to your reception.
- Hire a special guest to perform.
- Hire food stations.
- Encourage some friendly competition.
- Think beyond a photo booth.
- Consider your venue.
- Mix it up!
- Encourage some DIY.
- Go all out with the favours.
- Start conversations.
- The Shoe Game. This is one of our favourite games to play at wedding receptions!
- Wheel of Fun.
- Word Search.
- Poker Station.
- Dart Art Station.
- Themed Photo Booth.
- Create a Custom Snapchat Geofilter for Your Reception.
- Board Game Station.
- Create Photo Ops. While you're having pictures taken, create opportunities for your guests to take a few photos of their own.
- Let Them Play Games.
- Interactive Guest Books.
- Interactive Drink Stations.
- Don't Forget the Little Ones.
Every soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. thinks their wedding day will be the best day of their lives. They want everyone who attended to leave saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to. Preventing your wedding from being boring can be accomplished in a number of ways, including by throwing a small welcome party and providing food for guests. It is possible to have a traditional ceremony while having a unique reception location. The entertainment at your wedding can range from ritzy DJs to belly dancers and singing waiters.
Even if you play the best band ever, some people still won't want to dance. Throw a pre-wedding bash for your bridesmaids and groomsmen. Organize a potluck dinner and invite your friends and family over. The wedding week is a busy time, but it's nice to plan a get-together for the parents. The value of music in our lives cannot be overstated.
Our evening activities would be meaningless without it to fill the voids in conversation. Don't let last-minute preparations bring you down; have a bridesmaid, family member, or wedding planner handle them instead.
- Get to know your guests and family members by hosting a low-key welcome party.
- The ceremony's food will leave your guests feeling refreshed and grateful.
- These days, there is no shortage of unique venues for weddings.
- Even if you're having a conventional ceremony, you can still surprise your guests by holding the reception somewhere out of the ordinary.
- There are a lot of choices for wedding entertainment.
- No matter where you plan to have your wedding, you must consider the guests.
- Get your bridesmaids and groomsmen together for a pre-wedding party if they don't already know each other.
- Host a dinner at your place and have everyone bring a dish to share.
- You can help your guests have a good time by having a good time yourself.
- Spend time with your loved ones by sharing a drink and a dance.
- Don't be shocked if there is a riot if the salad bar consists of bowls of limp lettuce leaves and the occasional beetroot cube at a buffet.
- The wedding festivities will last all day, and we must eat!
- Moreover, it should be stressed how important it is to have music in our lives.
- We require it to bridge the silences in conversation and to provide meaning to the evening activities.
- While wedding preparations can be stressful, on the big day itself, everyone will have a better time if they can laugh off the inevitable minor mishaps and just enjoy themselves.
- Assign any last-minute tasks to a bridesmaid, relative, or wedding planner so they don't ruin your mood, and designate a friend to ply you with drinks if they notice you're starting to feel stressed.