Table of Contents
- 1 Choosing The Perfect Lingerie to Match Your Wedding Dress
- 1.1 Step 1: Choose Your Wedding Dress
- 1.2 Step 2: Select The Right Bra
- 1.3 Let’s Talk Colours
- 1.4 Now, the Style
- 1.5 Step 3: Select The Right Undergarment
- 1.6 Step 4: Garters, anyone?
- 1.7 Vines of the Yarra Valley Blog
- 1.8 Are wedding photographers worth it?
- 1.9 Why Wedding Videography Appears Expensive?
- 1.10 25+ Best Cake Shops in Oakleigh, Melbourne 
- 1.11 31+ Ultimate Bucks Night Party Ideas in Sydney 
- 1.12 Who Pays For A Bucks Night?
- 1.13 How to Save Money on Wedding Caterers?
- 1.14 50+ Best Bridal Florists in Melbourne Weddings 
- 1.15 What Lighting Is Needed for Studio Photography?
- 1.16 How much do wedding photo albums cost?
- 1.17 How Can I Decorate My Wedding Cheaply?
Choosing The Perfect Lingerie to Match Your Wedding Dress
The wrong underwear can completely destroy your outfit, and you certainly wouldn’t want such a thing to happen on your wedding day. It is essential to buy bridal lingerie with as much thought as you would pay to your wedding gown (well perhaps not as much, but almost).
Brides-to-be often obsess over their wedding dresses, making sure that it’s perfect for them, from choosing the right wedding dress silhouette to the right type of neckline for their body shape. When they finally pick out that perfect wedding dress, they heave a sigh of relief because it’s over. But it shouldn’t be, because what you wear under your wedding dress can be just as important as the dress itself, and can either make or break your look on your wedding day.
Step 1: Choose Your Wedding Dress
Before you start searching for the appropriate wedding lingerie, you first need to have your wedding dress picked out.
Step 2: Select The Right Bra
Now that you have your wedding dress picked out, you can start searching for the bra that suits the neckline and back design of your chosen wedding dress.
It’s so important to get your wedding day underwear right. The right fit, the right style, the right color. Your underwear has a considerable role to play in how you look and feel in your frock on the day itself.
Below we’ve provided you with a handy guide to the ten most popular styles of wedding dress designs and the recommended bridal lingerie that is compatible with the gown in question.
- Strapless: A classic balcony shape strapless bra is most suitable for this particular style. Once you have your underwear and dress on, move around in all manner of positions to check the fit is comfortable and correct and that the bra isn’t visible over the top or sides of the dress.
- Illusion: Although this style technically covers the shoulders, current fashions for a sheer layer at the top of the dress mean that any bra straps will still be visible. Avoid wearing clear straps as they can even be seen; instead, opt for a well-fitting strapless style.
- Halter Strap: Much like the strapless dress, a halter strap design requires a strapless bra usually in the classic balcony shape. If you’re after a bit more support, then it’s worth looking for a multi-strap bra where you can attach and detach the straps in a myriad of different combinations to suit your dress shape.
- Grecian: A classic balcony shape strapless bra is most suitable for this particular style. Avoid choosing a bra that has any embellishments incorporated into its design as they may be visible underneath the dress.
- Low Cut: V-neck and low cut necklines require serious plunging styles. Typically the shoulder straps of these dress designs err on the thin side so choose a plunge that has thinner straps so they can hide comfortably beneath the dress.Backless: For backless dresses, it’s all about the adhesive bra for support. These types of bras consist of merely two cups – often joined in the middle that are fixed around the breasts using fundamentally solid sticky tape. The lack of a strap around the back means that your backless frock will be shown off to perfection.
- Queen Anne: Dresses with a Queen Anne neckline provide excellent coverage of the chest and shoulder area, giving the wearer a more significant amount of choice when it comes to selecting lingerie. Those with larger busts may prefer a full-cup style to provide them with additional support, while others may opt for less coverage wearing a balconette style.
- One Shoulder: The same advice applies to the one shoulder style frock as mentioned above for the halter neck dress. Just remember that if the fabric of your dress is beautiful, choose a smoother style with fewer seams.
- Scoop Neck: Given that many scoop neck dresses are designed using more delicate materials, a fitted seamless bra such as a t-shirt bra is most suitable for this type of gown. The smooth cup will ensure that your silhouette is shown off to perfection. It’s also worth bearing in mind that if that neck falls low on the dress then opt for a plunge t-shirt bra design to prevent any exposure of the lingerie itself.
- Off The Shoulder: Much like the strapless frock, the classic strapless bra is the best option for an off the shoulder dress. It’s worth mentioning however that if your gown is cut quite low at the front, make sure you choose a strapless plunge style rather than the more traditional balcony shape. Equally an adhesive form is suitable too.
Let’s Talk Colours
Brides may prefer white underwear to wear with their weddings gowns. But you can also wear nudes and cream shades depending on the exact shade of the dress.
The idea is for the bridal underwear to not be visible through the dress. If your dress is sparkling white, check to see if the white lingerie is evident when you pair it with the gown. Often ivory shades work better in remaining invisible with white outfits. But if you are not hung up on white or cream shades, you can also opt for nude underwear with your white bridal gown.
Nudes don’t have to be boring. Choose a style in lace or floral prints. You can also use bras with pink or peach undertones if it works with the fabric of the gown. Try different colors with your gown and check their effect with different lighting. If your ceremony is outdoors, check if the underwear you have chosen is visible in the daylight underneath the gown.
Now, the Style
The style of the bra will depend on the neckline of your gown. Strapless bras match perfectly with most necklines that are popularly used in wedding gowns. For halters, illusion, off-shouldered, one-shouldered, and of course strapless gowns; you will need strapless bras. For low-cut necklines, a plunge bra is ideal. If your gown is backless, choose a bra that you can wear with adhesives if a bra sewn into the dress is not an option.
If you are not comfortable wearing strapless bras, one option is to choose corsets to wear instead. You can try wearing one a few days before the ceremony to check how it feels to you. Corsets are more fitted than strapless bras and can offer you more comfortable if the wedding ceremony is going to be a long one.
If your wedding gown is in designs such as columns or fishtail; choose seamless panties to avoid visible lines. For freer skirt designs, you can select underwear of your preference. Also, consider fabrics when choosing your underwear. Visible lines from panties can be apparent in materials such as chiffon or georgette. So, it is best to select a lace or pure white or cream thong for such gowns. With full dresses, you do have the leeway to wear any kind of underwear. So, try something sexy in sheers or lace.
Step 3: Select The Right Undergarment
Now that you’ve got the upper part of your dress down, it’s time to pick the right undergarment to suit the lower half of your dress. But before you think of the design you want, be sure to decide on an appropriate color for your undergarments by taking into consideration the color of your wedding dress. For classic white dresses, unless they are totally non-sheer, nude undergarments are your best option. Make sure to avoid white at all cost as they will be pronounced under your white dress.
It’s worth mentioning briefly (sorry I couldn’t resist!) paying attention to what you’re wearing on your bottom half too. Regardless of the design of your wedding dress, it’s possible to wear briefs – both bikini and full designs – with them. However, with the more fitted styles, such as fishtail and column gowns, seam-free options will work best, i.e. avoiding the chance of any VPL.
If your frock is more ethereal, made for example from very fine or floaty fabric such as chiffon or even closely fitting lace, then a well-fitting g-string with full sides is your best friend. Again this will reduce the likelihood of any visible lines appearing.
With so much variety available regarding bridal underwear, you don’t have to compromise on the design just for the sake of perfectly matching it with the wedding gown.
Corsets work with most gown styles. You can wear one for the ceremony. Later, you can pair it with stockings once the wedding ceremony is over and you want to add more oomph to your wedding style. You can also opt for teddies instead of the usual bras to wear under the gown.
Bridal bustiers can offer you look and feel of old-world glamour on your wedding day if this is what you want. Bustiers work well with almost every neckline and are super comfortable too. If you prefer the softer touch in your lingerie sets, choose a bra with sheer cups.
Step 4: Garters, anyone?
Garters were traditionally used to hold up stockings on the bride’s legs, and though they are no longer needed, there’s never any harm in wearing them still. They may be used for the traditional garter toss, to surprise your husband on your wedding night, or just as a small keepsake from your wedding.
Garters are made of various materials and come in multiple colors. Here are some straps you may consider, from simple lace garters to a silk and lace garter.
When choosing bridal underwear, the comfort factor is as important as the perfect match. Pay attention to the fabric and styles before buying a bridal set. It is best to avoid designs with embellishments as they can be apparent when worn under delicate gowns.
The ideal bridal underwear is seamless, comfortable, and perfectly complements a wedding gown. But it also makes the bride look and feel very special.
Vines of the Yarra Valley Blog
Are wedding photographers worth it?
Table of Contents1 The importance of wedding photographers2 What About Wedding Photography?3 Why Wedding Photography Is So Important4 The Benefits Of Hiring A Wedding Photographer4.1 There Is More To Photography Than Just An Expensive Camera4.2 An Amature Means More Work For You4.3 Feeling At Ease4.4 What If…4.5 It’s All You Have At The End4.6 You …
Why Wedding Videography Appears Expensive?
Videography has quickly become a staple in documenting a wedding along with photography. But many couples who consider having a video of their wedding still find the cost quite expensive for something that seems rather simple to them. The truth is, wedding videography is not simple. It’s not just your uncle’s recording your wedding in …
25+ Best Cake Shops in Oakleigh, Melbourne 
There are so many places to find a great cake in Melbourne, whether you want to order a birthday number the size of a truck-tyre or just sit in for a single slice. On the hunt of cake shops in Oakleigh, Melbourne? Finding the best cake can be a stressful endeavour. After all, there are so many …
31+ Ultimate Bucks Night Party Ideas in Sydney 
Table of Contents1 Organizing an Epic Bucks Party in Sydney?2 Golf Bucks Day Out in Sydney 2.1 Bucks Party Sydney2.2 X Golf2.3 Go Real Escapes in Sydney3 Sydney Gaming Bucks Nights 3.1 Lucky & Sons3.2 Virtual Reality Rooms3.3 1989, Sydney4 Bucks Dinner Out in Sydney 4.1 Chophouse4.2 LuMi Dining4.3 Ormeggio, Sydney4.4 The Firedoor5 Clubbing in …
Who Pays For A Bucks Night?
With the average cost of a wedding in Australia sitting at over $35,000, getting the budget sorted from the start is crucial. There’s nothing worse than a debt hangover heading into a marriage, so it’s essential to be clear on financial responsibilities and roles from the beginning. Table of Contents1 Do Groomsmen Pay for the …
How to Save Money on Wedding Caterers?
As one of the most significant expenses in your overall wedding budget, some couples find catering costs to be a bit more than they’d anticipated. While every couple should expect to allocate about half of their total budget toward reception costs—catering services included—there are ways to save money on wedding catering without sacrificing a delicious …
50+ Best Bridal Florists in Melbourne Weddings 
A bride is an important woman at a wedding, but there are many other people that make her day even more special. One of these people is a bridal florist in Melbourne who will design the perfect floral arrangement for your big day. They can create arrangements for both indoors and outdoors, using either fresh …
What Lighting Is Needed for Studio Photography?
If you’re new to studio lighting, it is easy to get intimidated by the amount of stuff you have to learn. The jargon alone is enough to make your head spin. Fortunately, none of the things you need to be successful in the studio is particularly complicated; there is just a lot of it. The …
How much do wedding photo albums cost?
Known for their blank pages or slots to insert photos, traditional wedding albums can vary widely in price. Professionally printed wedding albums are created from digital photographs; many photographers offer this service as part of their wedding packages. Do-it-yourself digital wedding albums are made from software that allows for printing a wedding album from digital …
How Can I Decorate My Wedding Cheaply?
Weddings are beautiful events, even without the decorations and bling, though most brides deeply desire a beautifully decorated wedding and reception. Save money with these cheap wedding decoration ideas. These cheap wedding decorating ideas can help you plan a beautiful wedding and still have money left over for the honeymoon. A couple can have an …