Table of Contents
- 1 Choosing The Perfect Lingerie to Match Your Wedding Dress
- 1.1 Step 1: Choose Your Wedding Dress
- 1.2 Step 2: Select The Right Bra
- 1.3 Let’s Talk Colours
- 1.4 Now, the Style
- 1.5 Step 3: Select The Right Undergarment
- 1.6 Step 4: Garters, anyone?
- 1.7 Vines of the Yarra Valley Blog
- 1.8 What are the wedding accessories?
- 1.9 50 Best Bridal Florists specializing in Melbourne Weddings
- 1.10 Naughty Hens Party Ideas in Sydney
- 1.11 Vineyard Weddings – Pros and What to Consider
- 1.12 Is the wedding band on top or bottom?
- 1.13 How to plan a wedding on a budget?
- 1.14 What are the wedding colours for 2020?
- 1.15 25 Wedding Photobooth Hire Suppliers – Melbourne 
- 1.16 Wedding Lingerie 101 – Choosing The Perfect Lingerie to Match Your Wedding Dress
- 1.17 How much does a wedding cake cost in Australia?
Choosing The Perfect Lingerie to Match Your Wedding Dress
The wrong underwear can completely destroy your outfit, and you certainly wouldn’t want such a thing to happen on your wedding day. It is essential to buy bridal lingerie with as much thought as you would pay to your wedding gown (well perhaps not as much, but almost).
Brides-to-be often obsess over their wedding dresses, making sure that it’s perfect for them, from choosing the right wedding dress silhouette to the right type of neckline for their body shape. When they finally pick out that perfect wedding dress, they heave a sigh of relief because it’s over. But it shouldn’t be, because what you wear under your wedding dress can be just as important as the dress itself, and can either make or break your look on your wedding day.
Step 1: Choose Your Wedding Dress
Before you start searching for the appropriate wedding lingerie, you first need to have your wedding dress picked out.
Step 2: Select The Right Bra
Now that you have your wedding dress picked out, you can start searching for the bra that suits the neckline and back design of your chosen wedding dress.
It’s so important to get your wedding day underwear right. The right fit, the right style, the right color. Your underwear has a considerable role to play in how you look and feel in your frock on the day itself.
Below we’ve provided you with a handy guide to the ten most popular styles of wedding dress designs and the recommended bridal lingerie that is compatible with the gown in question.
- Strapless: A classic balcony shape strapless bra is most suitable for this particular style. Once you have your underwear and dress on, move around in all manner of positions to check the fit is comfortable and correct and that the bra isn’t visible over the top or sides of the dress.
- Illusion: Although this style technically covers the shoulders, current fashions for a sheer layer at the top of the dress mean that any bra straps will still be visible. Avoid wearing clear straps as they can even be seen; instead, opt for a well-fitting strapless style.
- Halter Strap: Much like the strapless dress, a halter strap design requires a strapless bra usually in the classic balcony shape. If you’re after a bit more support, then it’s worth looking for a multi-strap bra where you can attach and detach the straps in a myriad of different combinations to suit your dress shape.
- Grecian: A classic balcony shape strapless bra is most suitable for this particular style. Avoid choosing a bra that has any embellishments incorporated into its design as they may be visible underneath the dress.
- Low Cut: V-neck and low cut necklines require serious plunging styles. Typically the shoulder straps of these dress designs err on the thin side so choose a plunge that has thinner straps so they can hide comfortably beneath the dress.Backless: For backless dresses, it’s all about the adhesive bra for support. These types of bras consist of merely two cups – often joined in the middle that are fixed around the breasts using fundamentally solid sticky tape. The lack of a strap around the back means that your backless frock will be shown off to perfection.
- Queen Anne: Dresses with a Queen Anne neckline provide excellent coverage of the chest and shoulder area, giving the wearer a more significant amount of choice when it comes to selecting lingerie. Those with larger busts may prefer a full-cup style to provide them with additional support, while others may opt for less coverage wearing a balconette style.
- One Shoulder: The same advice applies to the one shoulder style frock as mentioned above for the halter neck dress. Just remember that if the fabric of your dress is beautiful, choose a smoother style with fewer seams.
- Scoop Neck: Given that many scoop neck dresses are designed using more delicate materials, a fitted seamless bra such as a t-shirt bra is most suitable for this type of gown. The smooth cup will ensure that your silhouette is shown off to perfection. It’s also worth bearing in mind that if that neck falls low on the dress then opt for a plunge t-shirt bra design to prevent any exposure of the lingerie itself.
- Off The Shoulder: Much like the strapless frock, the classic strapless bra is the best option for an off the shoulder dress. It’s worth mentioning however that if your gown is cut quite low at the front, make sure you choose a strapless plunge style rather than the more traditional balcony shape. Equally an adhesive form is suitable too.
Let’s Talk Colours
Brides may prefer white underwear to wear with their weddings gowns. But you can also wear nudes and cream shades depending on the exact shade of the dress.
The idea is for the bridal underwear to not be visible through the dress. If your dress is sparkling white, check to see if the white lingerie is evident when you pair it with the gown. Often ivory shades work better in remaining invisible with white outfits. But if you are not hung up on white or cream shades, you can also opt for nude underwear with your white bridal gown.
Nudes don’t have to be boring. Choose a style in lace or floral prints. You can also use bras with pink or peach undertones if it works with the fabric of the gown. Try different colors with your gown and check their effect with different lighting. If your ceremony is outdoors, check if the underwear you have chosen is visible in the daylight underneath the gown.
Now, the Style
The style of the bra will depend on the neckline of your gown. Strapless bras match perfectly with most necklines that are popularly used in wedding gowns. For halters, illusion, off-shouldered, one-shouldered, and of course strapless gowns; you will need strapless bras. For low-cut necklines, a plunge bra is ideal. If your gown is backless, choose a bra that you can wear with adhesives if a bra sewn into the dress is not an option.
If you are not comfortable wearing strapless bras, one option is to choose corsets to wear instead. You can try wearing one a few days before the ceremony to check how it feels to you. Corsets are more fitted than strapless bras and can offer you more comfortable if the wedding ceremony is going to be a long one.
If your wedding gown is in designs such as columns or fishtail; choose seamless panties to avoid visible lines. For freer skirt designs, you can select underwear of your preference. Also, consider fabrics when choosing your underwear. Visible lines from panties can be apparent in materials such as chiffon or georgette. So, it is best to select a lace or pure white or cream thong for such gowns. With full dresses, you do have the leeway to wear any kind of underwear. So, try something sexy in sheers or lace.
Step 3: Select The Right Undergarment
Now that you’ve got the upper part of your dress down, it’s time to pick the right undergarment to suit the lower half of your dress. But before you think of the design you want, be sure to decide on an appropriate color for your undergarments by taking into consideration the color of your wedding dress. For classic white dresses, unless they are totally non-sheer, nude undergarments are your best option. Make sure to avoid white at all cost as they will be pronounced under your white dress.
It’s worth mentioning briefly (sorry I couldn’t resist!) paying attention to what you’re wearing on your bottom half too. Regardless of the design of your wedding dress, it’s possible to wear briefs – both bikini and full designs – with them. However, with the more fitted styles, such as fishtail and column gowns, seam-free options will work best, i.e. avoiding the chance of any VPL.
If your frock is more ethereal, made for example from very fine or floaty fabric such as chiffon or even closely fitting lace, then a well-fitting g-string with full sides is your best friend. Again this will reduce the likelihood of any visible lines appearing.
With so much variety available regarding bridal underwear, you don’t have to compromise on the design just for the sake of perfectly matching it with the wedding gown.
Corsets work with most gown styles. You can wear one for the ceremony. Later, you can pair it with stockings once the wedding ceremony is over and you want to add more oomph to your wedding style. You can also opt for teddies instead of the usual bras to wear under the gown.
Bridal bustiers can offer you look and feel of old-world glamour on your wedding day if this is what you want. Bustiers work well with almost every neckline and are super comfortable too. If you prefer the softer touch in your lingerie sets, choose a bra with sheer cups.
Step 4: Garters, anyone?
Garters were traditionally used to hold up stockings on the bride’s legs, and though they are no longer needed, there’s never any harm in wearing them still. They may be used for the traditional garter toss, to surprise your husband on your wedding night, or just as a small keepsake from your wedding.
Garters are made of various materials and come in multiple colors. Here are some straps you may consider, from simple lace garters to a silk and lace garter.
When choosing bridal underwear, the comfort factor is as important as the perfect match. Pay attention to the fabric and styles before buying a bridal set. It is best to avoid designs with embellishments as they can be apparent when worn under delicate gowns.
The ideal bridal underwear is seamless, comfortable, and perfectly complements a wedding gown. But it also makes the bride look and feel very special.
Vines of the Yarra Valley Blog
What are the wedding accessories?
Wedding accessories tie an outfit together. You’ve found the dream dress, the groom’s tux is fitted and your wedding party has everything they need to look incredible. Now it’s time to add all the personal touches to complete your wedding day look. Common wedding accessories spruce up your hairstyle, add a touch of glitter to …
50 Best Bridal Florists specializing in Melbourne Weddings
Table of Contents1 50 of the best Bridal Florist that specialize in Melbourne Weddings!1.1 1.2 Thrive Flowers & Events1.2.1 Flowers for the Bridal Party1.2.2 Flowers for the Ceremony1.2.3 Flowers for the Reception1.2.4 Installations1.3 Juliet Louise1.3.1 We are a Boutique, Bespoke, Eco Wedding Florist1.3.2 Melbourne Wedding Flowers1.4 Arthouse Studio Floral Design & Styling1.5 Forever Yours Flowers1.5.1 …
Naughty Hens Party Ideas in Sydney
Table of Contents1 Naughty Hens Party Ideas1.1 Dominatrix Lessons1.1.1 Go Hen1.1.2 Damiens Party Entertainment1.2 Party Boat1.2.1 Rock Fish1.2.2 5 Star Cruises1.2.3 Sydney Harbour Escapes1.2.4 Vegabond1.2.5 My Ultimate Hens – Sparkling Hens Sydney Harbour Cruise1.2.6 Harbourside Cruises1.2.7 Sydney Harbour Party Cruises1.2.8 Champagne Sailing1.2.9 GoodTime Harbour Cruises1.2.10 Hens Party Cruise1.2.11 East Coast Sailing1.2.12 Silver Spirit1.2.13 Rhythm Boat1.2.14 …
Vineyard Weddings – Pros and What to Consider
Table of Contents1 Pros, Cons and What to Consider When Deciding on Vineyard Weddings1.1 BEAUTIFUL SCENERY1.2 RELAXED YET ELEGANT1.3 ONE LOCATION1.4 NATURAL LIGHT1.5 PERSONAL STYLE1.6 PHOTO LOCATION OPTIONS1.7 WET WEATHER BACK UP1.8 ACCOMMODATION1.9 NOTHING TO HIDE1.10 GOOD FOOD & GOOD WINE1.11 REASONABLE TRAVEL TIMES1.11.1 The Season1.11.2 Scout the Grounds1.11.3 It’s all about the details1.11.4 Extracurricular …
Now that you are married and have both your engagement ring and your wedding band, the real question is, how do you wear them? Should you wear them both on your ring finger on your left hand? Should you wear the engagement ring on top or on the bottom? Or maybe you should wear them …
How to plan a wedding on a budget?
“Expensive” and “stressful” might be two things that come to mind when you think of wedding planning, but they don’t have to be. Saying “I do” at Vines of the Yarra Valley is an elegant and luxurious affair. Figuring out your wedding budget is no easy feat. Your wedding will likely be the biggest …
What are the wedding colours for 2020?
When you start wedding planning, you think about all the things to help get you started, such as deciding if you want a winter wedding vs. a summer wedding, what venue you want for the reception, and so many other things. But, one thing that you should definitely know before you start buying bridesmaid dresses, …
25 Wedding Photobooth Hire Suppliers – Melbourne 
Photo booths have become remarkably affordable in the last few years making photo booth hire more accessible for all occasions. You only have to go back a few years to when the photo booth hire craze started in 2007 and compare prices to know this is true. A photo booth is the perfect way to keep wedding guests …
Wedding Lingerie 101 – Choosing The Perfect Lingerie to Match Your Wedding Dress
Table of Contents1 Choosing The Perfect Lingerie to Match Your Wedding Dress1.1 Step 1: Choose Your Wedding Dress1.2 Step 2: Select The Right Bra1.3 Let’s Talk Colours1.4 Now, the Style1.5 Step 3: Select The Right Undergarment1.5.1 Designs Galore1.6 Step 4: Garters, anyone?1.6.1 To Summarise1.7 Vines of the Yarra Valley Blog1.8 How to Write a Killer …
How much does a wedding cake cost in Australia?
The cost of a wedding is getting more expensive each day, from the reception, the flowers, the cars, the photographer and so much more it’s hard to stick to a budget. So when it comes to a wedding cake, how much does it cost? Like all trades, you are paying for a professional’s skills. I …